Roosevelt County responds to governor's health order
Last updated 11/14/2020 at 5:14pm
PORTALES — In response to Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s new public health order, Roosevelt County will close county offices to the public through November, according to a county release.
Services will remain available to the public by phone, online or by appointment with limited services.
“Please take care of yourselves, your families and loved ones. Take the necessary precautions and you can help slow the spread,” Roosevelt County Commission Chairman Matthew Hunton said in the release. “We are nearing a true dilemma as hospital beds are filling up quickly and regional healthcare facilities are also nearing max capacity.”
The county released the following contact information for departments:
• Administration, 575-356-5307 or [email protected]
• Detention, 575-356-6871 or [email protected]
• Finance, 575-356-5307 or [email protected]
• Human Resources, 575-356-5307 or [email protected]
• Indigent Healthcare, 575-356-5307 or [email protected]
• Road Department, 575-356-5942 or [email protected]
• Assessor’s Office, 575-356-6971 or [email protected]
• County Clerk’s Office, 575-356-8562 or [email protected]
• Sheriff’s Office, 575-356-4404 or [email protected]
• Treasurer’s Office, 575-356-4081 or [email protected]
All payments for services, filing, recording and payment of taxes must be done via check, money order or credit card and may be submitted through the mail, online, payment drop box located on the county courthouse’s northeast corner.
Individuals seeking a marriage license will need to call the County Clerk’s Office and make arrangements.