Clovis seeking citizens to serve on boards
March 18, 2020
CLOVIS — The city of Clovis is seeking several citizens to serve on its various lower boards and committees.
Fifteen slots are available. Applications for all bodies are available at the city manager's office and will be received through March 27.
• Civil Aviation Board: Four representatives are sought. The board meets 5:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month and makes recommendations to the Clovis city commission regarding the Clovis Municipal Airport.
• Lodgers Tax Advisory Board: A representative of the hotel industry and a citizen member of the public are sought. The board meets 5:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of odd-numbered months.
• Parks, Recreation and Beautification Committee: Vacancies are for representatives of Districts 1 and 2, a representative of an organization that utilizes city parks and a Curry County representative. The committee meets 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
• Senior Services Committee: Representatives are sought for Districts 1 and 4. The committee meets at least quarterly.
• Water Policy Advisory Committee: A citizen representative and a Curry County representative are sought. The committee meets 8:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month to make recommendations to the city commission regarding water matters.
• Public Works: A District 1 representative is sought. The committee meets 8:30 a.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month.