Commissioners to receive jail update
March 11, 2020
CLOVIS — Curry County commissioners are scheduled to receive an update on the Adult Detention Center during a special meeting Thursday morning.
The update will cover a security camera change order, which addresses several cameras in the project areas that need to be replaced and were not on the original documents for the project. It’s estimated the additional cameras will increase the cost of the project for the county by at least $100,000.
Following that, the commission will consider a $5,738.21 reduction change order for the project.
After the meeting, commissioners are scheduled to take a tour of the Adult Detention Center and the areas affected by the renovation project.
The commission will also take time during the meeting to canvass the votes for the Clovis and Texico municipal elections and present certificates.
Other notable agenda items from the 10 a.m. meeting at the Commission Chambers include:
• The commission will consider approving a request to submit an application for financial assistance with a project from the New Mexico Finance Authority.
• The commission will consider a resolution from the county finanical advisor and attorney to prepare and provide opinions on financing water banking in the county.
• County Manager Lance Pyle will present the annual review for the Fiscal Year 2019 Fire Protection Fund.
• A retirement plaque will be presented to David Corbin and several anniversary certificates will be presented to other county employees.
• There will be an executive session to discuss pending litigation regarding opioids.