The Eastern New Mexico News - Serving Clovis, Portales and the Surrounding Communities

School board approves parking lot improvements

 

Kevin Wilson

Grant money approved during Wednesday's special Clovis school board meeting will improve lighting and other features in the student parking lot in front of the Clovis High School "A" building.

CLOVIS — The Clovis Municipal Schools Board of Education approved all five action items at Wednesday's special meeting, including parking lot improvements at Clovis High School.

Deputy Superintendent of Operations Carrie Bunce said the project will include median and lighting work in the parking lot in front of the A building at CHS, which will bring the parking lot into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The district will pay for 25 percent of the project, or $82,000, and the New Mexico Department of Transportation will pay the remaining 75 percent of the $328,000 contract.

Vice President Cindy Osborn and board member Shawn Hamilton were not present.

Also at Wednesday's special meeting:

• A lease purchase agreement with Apple, Inc. was approved. The district will receive over 10,000 computer, laptop and tablet devices at a cost of $3.65 million.

• The last day of the 2018-19 school year was switched from a full day to a half day.

• Requests for Proposals were awarded to WWRC Construction for roofing and heating work at Los Niños Early Childhood Center and to Nick Griego & Sons Construction, Inc. for parking lot improvements at Sandia Elementary.

• Monthly budget adjustments were approved.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/18/2018 02:17