Structure fire was 'makeshift fireplace'

 

January 13, 2018



CLOVIS — What first appeared to be a structure fire at a Clovis residence Thursday night was only a “makeshift fireplace” for two cold residents at an outbuilding, Fire Chief Mike Nolen said.

Firefighters responded around 8:30 p.m. to a report of smoke at a building at the intersection of Fifth and Wallace streets, but “when they arrived they found two individuals with a makeshift fireplace trying to stay warm,” he said Friday.

The individuals put out the fire after officials told them it was “noncompliant,” Nolen said.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017