Sponsors key to helping new arrivals at Cannon
Sponsoring new airmen is a vital component of the mobile military lifestyle. Relocating is a stressful experience for service members and their families, but sponsors smooth the way for a quick and efficient transition to the new location and job. As the link to an airman’s new unit, installation and community, sponsors have a direct impression to a newcomers’ perceptions of their newly assigned installation
While duties as a sponsor are mandatory, as airmen we have an obligation to help our teammates’ transition into the base. The training we offer at the Airmen and Family Readiness Center helps you in that endeavor. To make your job easier, the Office of the Secretary of Defense has spearheaded an initiative to bring standardized sponsorship training to all appointed unit sponsors regardless of service. The link is http://apps.mhf.dod.mil/ESAT
This new application will:
• Train sponsors on their roles and responsibilities.
• Provide knowledge and resources for effective sponsorship.
• Connect sponsors to the newcomer electronically
• Provide access to all the necessary tools to do an outstanding job.
• Provide a downloadable Sponsorship Duties Checklist, to keep, check off and refer to often.
• A template to write a custom Welcome Letter with attachments to newcomer based on needs assessment.
Please call us at 784-2033 or 784-4195. Provide us a copy of your training certificate when you request your welcome packet.