The Eastern New Mexico News - Serving Clovis, Portales and the Surrounding Communities

Minor fire fought at restaurant


Clovis firefighters extinguished a blaze in the bathroom of the Kripple Creek Restaurant, 2400 N. Prince, about 3 p.m. Thursday. No injuries were reported and damage was minor, officials said.

Lt. Mike Inge of the Clovis Fire Department said seven employees and an undetermined number of diners were in the building when a fire began in a stack of toilet paper in an employee bathroom. After failing to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher, employees called the fire department.

“It just damaged the bathroom, mainly,” Inge said. “We had some smoke damage throughout the rest of the structure.”

Due to food sanitation regulations, Inge said the restaurant would be shut down pending an inspection of the facilities to make sure food can be prepared safely in the building.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 12/03/2021 10:55