Last updated 2/8/2022 at 4:36pm
Election Day is March 1 for municipal candidates in Curry and Roosevelt counties. On the ballots:
• District 1: James Burns (incumbent); George Jones
• District 1: Juan Garza
• District 2: Ronald Porter
• District 3: Paul Nelson; David Bryant.
• District 4: Megan Palla
Municipal judge: Vicki Kelley
Four proposals related to the city charter:
• Raising the recall petition signature requirement from 20% of prior municipal election turnout to 33 1/3%.
• Requiring a recall petition include a reason.
• Eliminating a section on term limits rendered unenforceable by the state constitution.
• Editing the charter to be gender-neutral (for example: amending sections where commissioners are referred to as “himself”).
Mayor: Ron Jackson (incumbent); Reydecel Cross
• Ward A: Jake Lopez
• Ward B: Oscar Robinson (incumbent); Grace Padilla; John Bonifant
• Ward C: Mike Miller
• Ward D: Dianne Parker
• Municipal judge: Barbara George
Mayor: Jerry Bradley
• Position 1: Max Carter
• Position 2: Oran Audrey
Municipal judge: Joshua Gussendorf
Mayor: Durward Dixon
• Position 1: Steve Barron
• Position 2: Beverly Creighton
Municipal judge: C.D. Newberry.