City seeking volunteers for boards, committees
Last updated 2/23/2021 at 4:11pm
CLOVIS — The city of Clovis is seeking volunteers for seven vacancies on lower boards and committees, according to a series of city releases.
Applications for the Senior Services Committee, Economic Incentive Board, Public Works Committee, Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board and Parks, Recreation and Beautification Committee are available at the city manager’s office, or by calling 575-769-7828 or emailing [email protected] Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. March 12.
• The Senior Services Committee, which meets at least quarterly at the North Annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library, has a vacancy for a citizen representative from District 2.
• The EIB is seeking one representative for banking/accounting/finance and one for industry (manufacturing, warehouse and transportation). The board meets quarterly to make recommendations regarding economic development programs and prospects to the Clovis city commission.
• The Public Works Committee has vacancies for a citizen from District 2 and a citizen from District 3. The committee meetings on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. at the North Annex.
• The Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board has a vacancy for an operator of industries primarily serving tourists. It meets at 5:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every odd-numbered month at the North Annex.
• The parks, recreation and beautification committee is seeking has a vacancy on the Parks, Recreation & Beautification Committee for a representative from an association utilizing parks. The committee meets at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every month at the North Annex.