Officials to consider new subdivision
July 15, 2020
CLOVIS — The Clovis city commission will consider a new subdivision — just northwest of where 21st Street and Humphrey Road intersect — in its regular meeting Thursday.
The 5:15 p.m. meeting at the North Annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library will have limited public seating due to social distancing measures. The meeting will be available on Suddenlink Channel 10, cityofclovis.org and the city’s Facebook page.
The agenda includes two items on what would be known as the Colonies Subdivision. One is an ordinance to rezone 8.87 acres from Residential Single Family 170 to Residential Single Family 7. An RS-170 tract of land requires lots to be at least 170,000 square feet, while an RS-7 requires a minimum of 7,000 square feet. The second item is a plat submission, which notes that a traffic impact analysis must be provided prior to work.
Both items were recommended by 7-0 votes at last week’s planning and zoning committee meeting. Residents near the planned development voiced concerns about increased traffic and reduced property values should the building quality not be up to par with existing houses. Developer Chris Rolston said the quality would be ensured by lot-specific covenants so each home matches the quality of those closest to it.
Other items on the Thursday agenda include:
• A request to allow a conditional use of a home on the 400 block of East Seventh Street as a barber shop/hair salon. The condition was recommended 7-0 by the planning and zoning commission, and would expire should the property owner move on from the house.
• A request to approve a yearly maintenance plan with Joe Goddard Enterprises for the city’s 11 outdoor warning sirens. The $11,000 annual cost is in the emergency management department’s budget.
• A recommendation to award airport engineering services to Moizen Corbin.
• A software contract with ProDIGIQ to help enhance inspection at the Clovis Municipal Airport. The program would cost $7,500 annually.
• A report from Rep. Ben Lujan field representative Constance Williams.
• Presentation of the June yards of the month.