Clovis, Curry offering free wi-fi internet in multiple areas
April 12, 2020
CLOVIS — To aid area families who lack internet access, the city of Clovis and Curry County are offering free wi-fi internet at multiple areas.
The state ordered the closure of all public schools for the remainder of the school year and a transition to a learn-at-home model with materials frequently distributed online.
All sites listed below will have wi-fi available until the public health orders are listed.
Curry County is offering a Homework Hotspot at the Brady Street entrance to the county fairgrounds. The fairgrounds crew was working on signage Friday afternoon, and advised the ticket booth outside of the Curry County Events Center parking lot will be the recommended access point.
The city of Clovis has a dozen locations set up with ClovisPublic wi-fi service. No password is required for the wi-fi, which can be used in facility parking lots:
• Baxter-Curren Senior Center, 908 Hickory
• Building Safety, 1221 Mitchell
• Clovis Civic Center, 801 Schepps
• Clovis Aquatic Center, 1700 E. Seventh
• Clovis Municipal Airport Terminal
• Clovis-Carver Public Library, 701 N. Main
• Roy Walker Recreation Center, 316 W. Second
• City Hall, 321 N. Connelly
• Potter Park Pool, 501 N. Upsilon
• Hillcrest Park Splash Pad, 1001 N. Sycamore
• Youth Recreation Building, 1504 E. Seventh
• Clovis Fire Department Station No. 6, 116 E. 21st. (To avoid interfering with emergency response, residents are asked to access wi-fi from the Marshall Middle School track or other places within 400 feet of the station).
Residents are asked to continue using social distancing while accessing wi-fi and remain at least six feet away from others.