Contract work on board agenda
October 20, 2019
CLOVIS — The Clovis Municipal Schools Board of Education will have its regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the administration office at 1017 Main.
Items on the agenda include:
• Consideration of contracting Snider Electric for electrical, fire alarm, fire suppression, public address system installation and repair services.
Any work required under the contract would be $40 hourly for a journeyman, $20 per hour for an apprentice and $18 per hour for a laborer. During emergency callouts, those rates would increase to $65, $25 and $20, with a one-hour minimum on service calls.
The matter would require board member Kyle Snider to abstain from the vote.
• Consideration of purchasing two trucks with snow plows from Phil Long Ford of Raton for a total of $87,008.
• Consideration of carpet cleaning through A to Z Environmental for 11.5 cents per square foot.
• Consideration of travel request for the Clovis High choir May 1-3 to Dallas and the CHS Wildcadettes March 5-8 to San Antonio.
• A report on family engagement from Laura Adkins, CMS’ executive director of language, culture and at-risk services.