CCC schedules meetings with president candidates
September 29, 2019
CLOVIS — In line with public and private interviews for its next president, the Clovis Community College Board of Trustees has scheduled six special meetings for October and moved its regular meeting.
The board will hold a special meeting 2 p.m. each weekday this week at CCC Room 512. The meetings are essentially board interviews with each finalist in executive session. Following each meeting, the respective candidate will participate in a 4 p.m.-5 p.m. community meeting at CCC Room 101.
The candidate schedule is as follows:
• Monday: Gregory South, interim vice president of academic affairs at Portersville College in California
• Tuesday: Richard Sax, provost and president for academic affairs at the University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College in Ohio
• Wednesday: Robert Riza, president of Clarendon College in Texas. Riza is also a finailst for the president position at Coastal Bend College in Beeville, Texas.
• Thursday: Charles Nwankwo, vice president of technology and business partnerships for Chandler-Gilbert Community College and Maricopa Community College in Arizona.
• Friday: Michael Fitzpatrick, vice president of instruction at Pratt Community College in Kansas
The board had a regular meeting scheduled for Wednesday, but has moved that meeting to 8 a.m. Oct. 7. That meeting, and a special trustees meeting 8 a.m. Oct. 16, will be held at CCC Room 512.
The board, working with the Association of Community College Trustees, established a mid-October deadline for hiring a new president, with the intent that person would take over Jan. 1.
The hired candidate would replace Becky Rowley, who left in June to take the president’s position at Santa Fe Community College. Robin Kuykendall has been interim president since Rowley’s departure. She did not apply to succeed Rowley.