Serving Clovis, Portales and the Surrounding Communities

Small fire results in CHS evacuation

CLOVIS — A small fire resulted in the evacuation of Clovis High School on Monday, Principal Jay Brady said.

Brady said somebody lit a trash can on fire in a bathroom, which set off the fire alarm and resulted in evacuation, as is standard procedure when the alarm sounds.

Brady said the fire was extinguished before Clovis Fire Department arrived.

Brady said the school was evacuated “for no longer than 15 minutes.”

He said school officials are investigating some tips but have not yet determined who started the fire.

Author Bio

Do you have a question?
A comment you'd like to see published?
Or maybe a story idea for a future edition?

— Please email the publisher: [email protected]

 
 
Rendered 05/15/2024 22:37