Planning your style for spring break
link D'Nieka Hartsfield
It’s spring break!
Some of you may be staying home and catching up on some zzzs or catching up with spring cleaning. But most of you can’t wait to get out of town. Spring break holiday is one of the most fun trips for which to pack.
Whether you’re going on a weekend trip or staying a week away, here are some packing tips and a checklist to get you ready to enjoy your time off.
• Multiple swimming attire. You definitely want to have more than one suit. You might find yourself suiting up a lot and you may want to change it up. Also, you may want to have a nice coverup, ladies, for lounging purposes outside the water.
• Pack your sunglasses. There’s no such thing as going away on spring break without your shades. You need a pair for the no-makeup face, a pair for style or both.
• Choose neutral shoes. To save packing space, you may want to pack shoes that will pair with multiple outfits. Maybe two pair for day wear and two pair for evening wear. Build your outfits around your shoes to avoid packing too many.
• Jewelery/accessories bag. You definitely want to pack accessories, so don’t forget to bag them up. You can insert ziploc bags to separate anything that tangles, such as necklaces or earrings. You can’t pack too much in accessories.
• Extra clothing. Of course, you will have your outfits picked out, but it’s always a great idea to have backup items in case you change your mind on an outfit. Unless you plan to go shopping on your trip, it’s a good idea to have extras.
• Weather proof your selection. Make sure to have a sweater on hand in case you run into cooler weather. Nothing is worse than going on holiday and not having the proper clothing for the weather, especially nowadays when the weather doesn’t seem to be consistent anywhere you travel.
D’Nieka Hartsfield is looking forward to spending quality family time this spring break. Contact her at [email protected] or find her on Facebook.