My turn: Pickles among my pet peeves
A few things that annoy me:
• E-mails marked “urgent” that clearly are not urgent. Especially those that come from royalty who need my help transferring millions of dollars out of their politically troubled countries. I can’t help everybody.
• Junk mail telling me I’ve “qualified to apply” for something. Especially when the junk mail is addressed to “Mr. Stephens.”
• Writers who don’t know the difference between “loose” and “lose.” You have a screw loose. You will lose your screw if it gets loose.
• Writers who don’t know the difference between “to” and “too.” It’s a long way to Tipperary. It’s a long way to Disneyland from Tipperary, too.
• Writers who don’t know “its” from “it’s.” It’s going to be a long season if the team loses all of its games.
• Facebook games.
• Facebook friends who want me to play Facebook games.
• Politicians who won’t answer a question.
• Politicians who won’t stop answering a question because they know I have more questions.
• Mistakes at drive-up windows at fast-food restaurants. There is not much worse than unwrapping a burger I’ve ordered with mustard only and discovering a pickle or an onion.
• Electronic signs outside businesses that have more information than I can read as I drive past. That’s like ending a newspaper story in mid-