October 17, 2009
A sample of calls received by the Portales Police Department from Oct. 12-15.
• 3:53 a.m., caller at 1200 block of East 3rd Street reported a car followed him to his house, stopped for awhile, and then drove off.
• 9:44 p.m., caller at 700 block of West 17th Lane reported hearing about four or five shots fired, prior to which there was a fight.
• 5:17 a.m., caller at 500 block of West 15th Street said she saw someone trying to break into her truck, although nothing was taken.
• 6:19 a.m., alarm at ENMU Science Building went off for someone stuck in elevator.
• 12:24 p.m., caller at 100 block of Main Street said vehicle traffic around the square is not yielding for pedestrians.
• 3:33 p.m., caller at 500 block of South Chicago reported witnessing a Hispanic male in a blue jersey hitting a white female in the alley behind school; advised the male subject took off running when he heard sirens.
• 7:55 p.m., caller at 600 South Roosevelt Road P requested an officer to file report of attempted burglary at residence. No incident report filed.
• 7:05 p.m., caller at 1800 block of Loma Vista reported neighboring kids were playing with fire in their front yard and one was possibly burned. No incident report filed.
• 9:14 p.m., caller at 600 block of East 17th St. requested an officer as a subject on property refuses to leave. No incident report filed.