CHS holiday tournament capsules
* The Los Lunas Tigers outscored Amarillo Tascosa 29-15 in the fourth quarter to beat the Rebels 71-61. Richard Davis scored 22 points and Isaiah Herrera 21 for Los Lunas (4-6), while Isaiah Garcia added four 3-pointers and 15 points.
* Rio Rancho dominated the first and third quarters and cruised past winless Las Cruces Onate 69-50. Chris Williams led the Rams (5-2) with 27 points, including three of the team’s six 3-pointers.
* St. Michael’s built a 10-point lead, then fought off a second-half rally to beat defending boys champion Abilene Cooper 72-66. The Horsemen (3-8) got 24 points from Ryan Patterson and 21 from Thomas Romero.
* The Portales Lady Rams, down 19-16 at the quarter, stormed back to beat the Clovis junior varsity 62-36. Portales (10-2), which outscored the Lady Wildcats 17-2 in the second quarter, had a balanced attack led by Erika Cook’s 13 points. Brittny Johnson led the Clovis JV (6-4) was led by three 3-pointers and 12 points.
* Unbeaten Rio Rancho dominated from the get-go and had no trouble with Amarillo Tascosa 63-25. Nicole Tatum scored 12 points and Brio Rode added 11, including three 3-pointers, for the Lady Rams (8-0).
* Santa Fe St. Michael’s blew a 12-point lead early in the fourth quarter, but recovered to beat El Paso Riverside 62-57 in overtime. Shanae Roybal led four players in double figures for the Lady Horsemen (2-6) with 18 points.