Dress your best for Super Bowl
January 26, 2014
Are you ready for some football?
link D'Nieka Hartsfield
Super Bowl Sunday is just a week away and some of you may want to celebrate your team in style.
I have been asked what I think one should wear to a Super Bowl party. Here are a couple of suggestions you may want to consider for your football bash.
• Try on a hat or beanie for your team. You can beat the cold and support your team at the same time. Super Bowl Sunday is the time you get to wear your head gear indoors and everyone is OK with it.
• Wear team colors as opposed to the typical team jersey. If your team didn’t make it to the Super Bowl, then you probably don’t have a jersey connected with next Sunday’s game tucked away in your drawer. So whoever you decide to root for, you can represent by wearing team colors.
• Spill proof your outfit. You don’t want to wear something that you can’t clean buffalo wing sauce out of. My least-favorite color to wear is white. There is just not much you can do after something spills on it. I’d avoid wearing white at all cost. As cute as they may be, no white jeans, ladies!
• Fitted T-shirts with a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans (loose fitting jean) are a nice pairing. You don’t want to wear form fitting on your top and bottom. So if you’re wearing a loose sporty sweatshirt, you can pair those with leather skinnies or even stretch pants. There are a variety of stretch pants that can pass as skinny pants. Top this off with a pair of platform high top sneaker or, of course, my favorite, ankle boots.
• Paint your nails the team colors. Seahawks fans can do green, white and blue or gray nails with your favorite team member’s number painted on your ring finger. Broncos fans can do orange, white and blue nails and have a nail tech paint you the Bronco logo on your thumb nail.
Even if football is not your thing, you can find sport in watching the halftime show. The commercials are fun to watch, too.
Whatever your reason to celebrate the big game, you might as well do it in style.
D’Nieka Hartsfield looks forward to the Super Bowl halftime performances. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or find her on Facebook.