Police blotter: March 23
March 20, 2012
Here is a sampling of police, sheriff and fire call logs:
• 10 a.m.: Caller reported finding a puppy in the parking lot; she would like animal control to pick it up, 200 block of East Seventh.
• 10:52 a.m.: Call in reference to a snake in the kitchen.
• 12:04 p.m.: Call in reference to a purse stolen from a car, 1700 block of North Boston.
• 1:10 p.m.: Caller reported a hit and run accident, First and North Main.
• 1:35 p.m.: Caller reported a fight in the area, South Avenue I and Ivy.
• 1:42 p.m.: Caller reported three stray dogs around the area, 1000 block of South Boulder.
• 2:23 p.m.: Caller reported he was jumped, 700 block of North Avenue I.
• 2:42 p.m.: Caller reported having a skunk problem, First and Main. May have to close the day care if the skunks are not trapped soon, First and Main.
• 5:22 p.m.: Caller requested assistance with a place to stay for the night for him and his family, 1700 block of North Boston.
• 5:46 p.m.: Caller reported his neighbor’s dogs are running loose, 1300 block of South Avenue I.
• 6:12 p.m.: Caller reported a vehicle with Arizona plates was unable to maintain a lane for the past 15 miles. Officer checked the driver; driver is not drunk but sleepy, U.S. 70, Elida.
• 6:45 p.m.: Caller reported a deceased dog in front of a church, North Main and Lime.
• 7:59 p.m.: Caller requested that an officer remove two males from a bar. Caller is a bouncer and males are refusing to leave, 1000 block of West Second.
• 8:07 p.m.: Call in reference to a subject who has warrants and is living in a camper shell behind some houses, 600 block of West 17th.
• 1:23 a.m.: Call in reference to store manager requesting to speak to an officer about a counterfeit one dollar bill, 1000 block of West First.
• 1:58 a.m.: Caller reported a vehicle entering Portales on U.S. 70 driving recklessly, passenger is not wearing a seat belt and is hanging out the window at times, U.S. 70 and Greyhound Stadium.