Seven arrested in drug busts
March 1, 2012
Seven Clovis people face felony charges after Region V Drug Task Force agents made arrests, seized cash, drugs, a motorcycle and a firearm throughout the last three days in Clovis, according to Curry County Undersheriff Wesley Waller.
According to Waller:
• Michael Dickson, 31, and Betty Garza, 36, were arrested Tuesday after attempting to smuggle methamphetamine and marijuana into the Curry County Detention Center.
• Kelly Jaramillo, 45, and Amado Leal, 34, were arrested Wednesday at a motel on Mabry Drive after attempting to trade a motorcycle title, a firearm and $5,000 cash for a kilogram of methamphetamine.
• Juan G. Rodriguez, 37, April Gonzales, 36, and Monica Rocha, 21, were arrested Thursday after delivering 30 grams of cocaine to undercover agents.
• Garza is being held in Curry County Detention Center on a $65,000 bond. Dickson is being held on a $40,000 bond.
• Leal is being held in Curry County Detention Center on a $35,000 bond. Jaramillo was released on a $35,000 bond Wednesday.
• Gonzales is being held in Curry County Detention Center on a $35,000 bond. Rodriguez and Rocha were released on $35,000 bonds Thursday.
Attempts to reach suspects that had been released were unsuccessful.