Meetings watch —
September 5, 2011
Roosevelt County Commission
The Roosevelt County Commission will meet in a Work Session today at 10 a.m. in the commissioners' room in the Roosevelt County Courthouse to discuss the Magistrate Court Complex Project.
The following items will be discussed today during the regular commissioners meeting at 9 a.m.:
• Information about the Security Posture Assessment Penetration Testing and Regulatory Compliance Mapping and Analysis Presentation.
• County commission redistricting.
• The Cooperative Agreements between the New Mexico Department of Transportation and Roosevelt County.
• Purchase of fire protection equipment.
• Approval of amendments.
• Reports from department heads.
City of Portales
The City of Portales will be holding a public meeting today at 5:30 p.m. in the city council chambers to discuss the Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan.
The following items will be discussed today during the regular Portales City Council meeting at 7 p.m.:
• An ordinance to apply Xeriscape Principles for Water Conservation in the City of Portales.
• Presentation/Introduction by Portales MainStreet Manager.
• Resolution authorizing the mayor to execute a biennal MOU between the City of Portales, Portales MainStreet Program and the New Mexico MainStreet Program.
• A public hearing for alcohol and gaming.
• Requests for additional policies.
• Discussion on acquisition of a movie theater.