Empty stocking fund: Mrs. H
November 26, 2010
• Today’s focus: Mrs. H
• Household members: 8
• Children: 4
Special circumstance: Mrs. H and her husband have just moved to Clovis from Arizona. They are happy to be here. Mr. H has just started a new job and they are paying off debts from moving and saving to get a home of their own. Currently, they are living with Mrs. H’s parents.
• Her holiday hopes: For my children to have gifts and soon to have a home.
• Clothing needs: Men’s pants size 7X and shirts size 6L and shoes size 12; boys pants and shirts size 5 and shoes size 10; boys pants and shirts size 3T and shoes size 7.
• Toy’s list: One boy’s bike size 16 inch and one boy’s bike size 12 inch. Also cars or another bike size 10 or 12 inch.
• Who’s helped: Around 500 families who’ve asked the Salvation Army to help make Christmas special.
• Donations: Can be dropped off at the PNT, 101 E. First St., or mailed to P.O. Box 848, Portales, NM 88130. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Empty Stocking Fund.” Checks must be payable to “The Salvation Army.”
Contributions will be forwarded to the Salvation Army office, 317 E. Second St., or gifts may be purchased for specific children by choosing an Angel tag off trees located at North Plains Mall and Walmart in Clovis.
If you would like to help “Mrs. H,” call Jim Gallop at the Salvation Army at 762-3801.