Police blotter — July 4
July 3, 2010
Recent calls received by Roosevelt County dispatchers, according to call logs:
• At 6:42 a.m., a caller in the Floyd area of N.M. 267 reported someone had vandalized the school.
• At 8:44 a.m., a caller on Main in Causey requested an officer to report a break-in at her residence.
• At 4:14 p.m., a caller in the 1700 block of North Boston Avenue wanted to report a missing person.
• At 7:23 p.m., a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) nurse in the 1400 block of South Avenue O requested a detective.
• At 9:39 p.m., a caller in the 200 block of East 18th Street requested to speak to an officer regarding suspicious activity on his Facebook account.
• At 4:41 a.m., a caller in the area of South Roosevelt Road 10 reported a man on the side of N.M. 88 had been beaten up. The caller picked the victim up and took him to a dairy on South Roosevelt Road 10.
• At 4:10 p.m., a caller in the area of U.S. 70 and Kilgore Street requested an officer to check on the welfare of two children left in a car with the windows rolled up and no parental supervision in the parking lot of a business.
• At 9:07 p.m., a caller in the area of 18th Street and Avenue E requested an officer as two very small children were in the road in the dark trying to light fireworks.
• At 10:45 p.m., a caller in the 1300 block of West Lime Street requested an officer for a baby alone in the middle of the road.
• At 11:03 p.m., a caller on U.S. 70 requested an officer as two motorcycles were refusing to pass and were shadowing the side of his semitrailer, no matter how much he slowed down or sped up.
• At 10:58 a.m., a caller in the 800 block of West 16th Street reported two kids playing in the front without the parents watching them. Caller reported she knocked on the door and no one came.
• At 12:06 p.m., a caller in the area of U.S. 70 and Kilgore Street reported a hit and run.
• At 3:05 p.m., a caller in the 200 block of Utah Drive reported an object in his yard and said he did not know what it was.