The Eastern New Mexico News - Serving Clovis, Portales and the Surrounding Communities

Chief: Cigarette ignited Dairy fire

 


Freedom New Mexico

A stray cigarette in a pile of feed caused Thursday’s fire at Western Star Dairy, Floyd Fire Chief Allen Deen and Assistant Fire Chief Delbert Rector said. Rector believed the cigarette was thrown down out of carelessness.

A damage estimate was yet available.

Rector said Floyd firefighters remained on scene until 3 a.m. Friday, and returned around 7:30 a.m. when the fire flared up again.

First Baptist Church provided burritos for firefighters at the scene on Thursday, he said.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2016