The Eastern New Mexico News - Serving Clovis, Portales and the Surrounding Communities

Blaze destroys house

 

December 14, 2009



Firefighters said no one was injured Sunday in a fire that gutted a house on Roosevelt Road U Sunday night.

Portales Fire Department Lt. Shannon Lee said firefighters believe the blaze started at a stove in the kitchen.

Firefighters arrived at 8:20 p.m., and flames had already reached windows and eaves, he said. Lee said the fire was under control in half an hour, but the house was a total loss.

Lee said he hasn’t been able to identify residents. The house is a rental property owned by Teflon Construction.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2016