8-6 Police blotter
August 5, 2009
A sampling of calls received by the Portales Police Department from Friday to Tuesday:
• 6:38 a.m.— Caller on West 17th Lane said they were trying to have a garage sale and a large German Shepard-type of dog was barking at them and cars pulling up. No incident report filed.
• 3:10 p.m. — Caller said a male subject on North Chicago took a 30-pack of beer from a business and started running. He left the beer after being confronted when the clerk followed him outside.
• 7:56 p.m. — Caller reported a domestic argument in which a male subject in a red truck just threw a female out of the vehicle. No incident report filed.
• 2:33 p.m. — Caller witnessed three juveniles enter a vacant house on East Kaywood near her own home. She saw one kick the door in and all go in. One still in house at time of call. No incident report filed.
• 6:55 a.m. —Caller reported two black pigs in the road at 1700 block of S. Main.
• 10:36 a.m. Caller at 4593 U.S. 70 reported a bag of peanuts had fallen on a man. Also said they would try to cut the bag off the man and didn’t know how long he had been in this condition. No incident report filed.
• 11:24 a.m. — Caller reported a maroon car double-parked in a handicapped-designated spot in front of a store at 1604 E. Spruce.