That was a Super game
February 3, 2008
Reader reaction to New York’s 17-14 upset win over New England in Super Bowl XLII on Sunday night.
• “Great game. Best team won. Shows how tough it is to go undefeated.” – Jeff Greene
• “All that I can say is it’s nice to be from NEW YORK. Fantastic.” – Steve Gershon
• “Three boring quarters (if you like offense), but a frantic and fantastic last five minutes. Glad the ’72 Dolphins are STILL the only undefeated team.” – Bill Zarges
• “Somewhat disappointing. I was expecting a much higher-scoring game with a lot more great plays. And, I was hoping that the Patriots would make the record books by sweeping everything even though I'm not really a football fan.” – Bob Baker
• “Wow.” – Christy Mendoza
• Phyllis and I thought the game was FANTASTIC. Lots of excitement and full of suspense until the very end. -- Bill Gaedke
• “I think it was (one of) the best played games in Super Bowl history. Also the officials did a great job in calling the game.” – Charles Hemphill
• “The game was very good as I put my monopoly money on the Giants all the way, just so they could put the Brady Bunch down a peg. … My congrats to Eli (Manning), who now joins with his brother Peyton in being Super Bowl champs two years running. Now maybe next year we will see the Colts and Giants fight it out, which would be a good game, but I also hope that my Packers make one more stab at it prior to (Brett) Favre’s retirement.” – Gerald Majewski
• • •
Want to participate in question-and-answer sessions with the editors?
We’ll provide the questions. Your answers will be posted here.