12-27-07 Police Blotter
December 22, 2007
The following is a sampling of calls placed to Portales police dispatchers over the last week. According to the reports:
• At 5:05 p.m. a victim’s advocate requested a deputy to take a report of a sexual assault at an address on N.M. 88.
• At 11:34 p.m. a one-vehicle rollover accident with injuries was reported four miles south of Dora. The caller, a relative, said the driver walked to a residence in Dora to report the accident.
• At 11:48 a.m. a caller reported a burglary on West 16th Street. The resident told police food from a freezer in the home was missing and a cigar was left in an ashtray.
• At 3:02 p.m. a caller reported a possible home burglary on West Fifth Street.
• At 1:35 a.m. a caller reported a possible burglary on North Avenue K. Residents told police the door was open when they returned to the home.
• At 9:05 a.m. an officer responded to an address on West Second Street and requested a case number for a report of forgery.
• At 7:53 a.m. Portales Police officers responded to the scene of an accident blocking the roadway on North Avenue K. One person was arrested at the scene and charged with driving on revocation.
• At 3:25 p.m. a Portales Police officer was dispatched to the Roosevelt County Courthouse to take a report of an alleged case of criminal sexual penetration.
• At 6:20 p.m. a caller reported an accident with injuries at the corner of N.M. 206 and 19th Street.
• At 10:55 p.m. Roosevelt County Sheriff’s deputies joined state police in pursuit of a suspect. The pursuit ended in a foot chase and the arrest of one male suspect on charges not specified in the call log.
• At 7:02 a.m. a caller reported a burglary at the Elida wind farm northwest of Elida. A building was broken into and several items were missing.