12-16 Police Blotter
December 15, 2007
Following is a sampling of calls to Portales police dispatchers in the last week. According to the reports:
• At 5:12 p.m. a caller reported a vehicle burglary on West University Drive. A purse was believed missing in the break-in.
• At 10:08 p.m. a motor vehicle acccident at 1500 N. Ave. K was reported.
• At12:18 p.m. an 8-month-old child was reported locked in a van on South Dallas. Police and fire officials responded.
• At 12:52 p.m. a one-vehicle accident, without injuries noted, was reported on N.M. 206.
• At 8:50 a.m. police took a report of a stolen tandem axle trailer from near N.M. 467 and U.S. 70. A BOLO (be on the lookout) was issued.
• At 10:28 a.m. a one-vehicle rollover near Milnesand was reported. No note of any injuries was made.
• At 2:17 a.m. police received a report of a motor vehicle theft. Address was not noted in the call log.
• At 9:46 a.m. a burglary was reported at an art gallery on West Second Street.
• At 8:18 p.m. the burglary of an office on North Ivy was reported.
• At 1:02 a.m. a home burglary on W. 15th Lane was reported. Residents reported numerous items stolen, according to the log.
• At 3:11 a.m. a report of multiple vehicle burglaries was taken by police at a location on South Avenue D. Windows on several vehicles were broken.
• At 3:12 a.m. a motor vehicle accident with injuries at Roosevelt Road 4 and Roosevelt Road O was investigated by sheriff’s deputies.
• At 9:36 a.m. dispatchers received a call reporting a pickup truck stolen on Roosevelt Road 3.
• At 2:20 p.m. a motor vehicle accident on U.S. 70 was reported. The log noted the reporting party said a semi had rear-ended a pickup truck. No report on injuries.
• At 4 p.m. officers were issued a case number for possession of marijuana and served a search warrant on an address on East Eighth Street.
• At 7:25 a.m. a report of home burglary on N.M. 267 near Floyd was received. The caller said prescription narcotics had been stolen in the break-in.
• At 7:50 a.m. a motor vehicle accident at U.S. 70 and Kilgore was reported. A pickup truck and a semi were involved. Persons involved in the accident refused transport by ambulance, according to police reports.