The Eastern New Mexico News - Serving Clovis, Portales and the Surrounding Communities

By CNJ staff 

Fire guts trailer; no one injured


March 18, 2005

A fire Thursday morning gutted the living room and kitchen of a single-wide trailer in the 500 block of South Sandoval Street, fire officials said.

Most of the items in the house were either destroyed or damaged by smoke and heat, officials said. No one was home at the time of incident.

Officials estimated damage to the structure and contents at about $35,000.

Three fire engines and a single ambulance responded to the scene at 8:35 a.m.

There is no indication the fire was arson, officials said. The flames apparently originated near the fireplace.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2016