Feb. 20 Floyd School News
February 19, 2005
• There will be no school on Monday for President’s Day.
• March 1-5, students in grades 3-9 and the high school juniors will be taking the New Mexico Standards Based Assessments. Please make sure you child attends school on these days.
• The regional spelling nee will be March 5.
District basketball tournaments
• Monday, varsity girls will play at Melrose at 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, varsity boys vs. Dora at Floyd at 6 p.m.
The music department will be hosting a mini dinner theater on Saturday at 5 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by the first-, second-, fifth- and seventh-grade classes with music and poetry as you eat. There will be a variety of soups, crackers cornbread or tortillas, tea and punch and cookies. Adults are $3, students $2, and under Kindergarten is free. Please RSVP at 478-2211 so that there will be plenty of food available. Money will go to the music mooster Club to provide funding for the band and music department.
The Floyd Lions Club is sponsoring an Essay Contest for students in grades 1-12. Three musical instruments with lessons will be given away, one for each grade level (Elementary, Middle, and High School). Applications with student and essay content information may be picked up at the front desk. These must be completed and turned in by March 1.
The Floyd Preschool is having a Child Find April 15 from 8 am until noon. Children who will be four years old by September 1 and are interested in attending our five-day Preschool Program should bring immunization records, birth certificate, and social security card. Screenings are also available for any child from birth through five years of age.